We’re excited to announce that we are sponsoring the upcoming Los Angeles Startup Weekend. LA Startup Weekend holds a special place in our heart since it’s right in our own backyard and brings together some of our favorite SoCal developers, designers, and entrepreneurs. LA Startup Weekend is also known for producing winning teams that go on to build amazing startups. Mingly, Volly, and Zaarly all got there start as winners of previous LA Startup Weekends.
That’s why we’re extra excited to be attending this weekend’s event, and to be sponsoring our own LA Startup Weekend Developer Contest. We will be awarding Free Accelerated Access to the Factual API for one year, plus $500 in Amazon Gift Cards to the LA Startup Weekend team that makes best use of Factual’s Global Places or Restaurants APIs.
- Team and team members must be registered participants at LA Startup Weekend, February 24 – 26, 2012
- Your project must make use of the Factual API.
The winning team will be awarded Free Accelerated Access to the Factual API for one year, plus $500 in Amazon gift cards to be shared among team members.
We will judge entries based on the following criteria
- Maturity of prototype (we will judge a functional prototype higher than a slide deck)
Getting Started with Factual
- Take a look at our US Places and US Restaurants datasets.
- Visit Factual’s API docs to get acquainted with our API.
- Explore our other APIs: Crosswalk, Crossref, and Resolve.
- Obtain a developer key (John and Aaron from Factual will be present all weekend to support and issue additional developer keys).